Back to School: Getting rid of anxiety
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – Springdale Elementary School in Macon offers tips parents can use to help their little ones relieve some stress and anxiety about starting pre-school.
Counselor Stacey Creter says it’s important parents serve as the example, because their preschoolers feed off the parent’s emotion.
A few tips:
- Remain calm
- Set the tone for your child
- Talk about his or her fears
- Shop for school together
- Practice for the experience
- Get a good night’s sleep and breakfast the next day
- Don’t linger around the school when you drop your child off
- Try not to cry
- Send them to school with a comfort item
- Plan an after school activity when they get home
If have you any questions Stacey, you can contact her at Springdale Elementary School at (478) 779-3750.