Homeowner tips for keeping pests out during colder weather
MACON, Georgia (41NBC/WMGT) – As we get a break from the heat in Middle Georgia, colder weather means pests will try and move indoors.
Ben Dupree from Arrow Exterminators stopped by the 41NBC studio to give some tips for keeping the pests outs. He says Arrows Exterminators will come by and give your home a free inspection to see if there’s anything they can do.
Here are some tips for keeping pests out:
1. Always store food in sealed, airtight containers.
2. Seal all cracks in and around the foundation of the home with caulk. Pay special attention to areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
3. Screen vents and openings to the chimney.
4. Make sure that all screens on doors and windows are in good repair. As an added bonus this should help lower your power bill!
5. Keep kitchens and bathrooms sanitized and vacuum frequently. Do not let dirty dishes accumulate in the sink.
6. Many common household pests are attracted to water, so eliminating sources of standing water really goes a long way in pest prevention.
7. Keep tree branches and shrubs trimmed back and away from the home as they can serve as a bridge to the home for pests such as ants and cockroaches.
8. Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the home on an elevated surface.
To contact Arrow Exterminators, visit their website.