Middle Georgia Organizations hosting World Aids Events
MACON, Georgia (WMGT/41NBC) – Sunday, December 1st is World Aids Day, a day to recognize the essential role that communities have played and continue to play in the AIDS response at the international, national and local levels. The Hope Center and The House of Hope Macon are hosting several events in acknowledgement of World Aids Day during the first week of December.
Here is a list of the events…
- Special dedication and awareness service at The House of Hope Macon at 10 a.m. The church is located at 1909 Woodland Drive in Macon.
- Candle Light Vigil at Turner Tabernacle A.M.E. Church at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1104 3rd Street in Macon. The event is hosted by Middle GA Sisterhood.
- Greater Turner Tabernacle AME is hosting another event at 11 a.m.
- The Healing Experience Ministries is hosting an event at 10:45 a.m. The church is located at 135 Macon West Drive in Macon.
- Community Conversation about HIV/AIDS in Middle Georgia (Q&A Session). The event will be held at the COMPASS Center, 158 Emery Hwy in Macon at 3 p.m.
- FREE HIV Testing at Walgreens at 1280 Gray Highway in Macon from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday, December 3rd
- FREE HIV Testing at Middle Georgia State University (Macon Campus Student Life Center) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A Day With(out) Art Pop Up Art Gallery & Game Night. The event will be held at the COMPASS Center, 158 Emery Hwy in Macon at 7 p.m. This is a fun-filled, family oriented event to celebrate the lives of individuals that are currently living with HIV.